I felt Baby Tate move today. It's really just the craziest, most unfathomable thing...I'm typing this post, looking down at my stomach, and though I can't see what's happening inside, I know that a tiny human being is living in there. Growing. Moving. Developing. Eating. Squiggling. Hearing. When I get up to get a drink of water, Baby Tate walks to the sink. When I race RJ down the hall @ Willow Valley, Baby Tate gets a ride. I'm so aware that I'm pregnant, and yet so completely unaware of what is REALLY happening inside of me. Life is happening. What a creative God we serve.
Someday our baby will be in school, and choosing a college, and meeting the man/woman they will marry and having children of their own. If blogs are still around then, they might be blogging about their own baby. I'll be old and grey from all of the worrying that I'll do between now and then. Hopefully I'll conquer more of my fears than I'll succumb to.
But now...for this small window of time, this baby is inside of me...safe and warm and totally unaware of the world outside. I want to cherish this time, where all I have to think about is sleeping on my left side, staying away from bologna sandwiches and getting work done when all I want to do is browse the Babies R Us website. If I could say a word to Time, I would ask that no matter how hard I try to rush you, don't speed up on me. Please take it nice and slow...I can never get these days back.
:) i like this.
ReplyDeleteWow ... well said, daughter! So glad you realize that this is a time to cherish and not rush, no matter how much you want to meet this little one! YOU certainly were in no hurry to come out :)
ReplyDeletejenny i love it and you. so happy for you. enjoy it all. before you know it they're three and doing crazy crazy things. :) but its all soooo much fun.
ReplyDelete